This is one of those last minute recipes that came about because of what I had in the kitchen—and it turned out to be one of my favorites. I had a couple of fresh peaches that needed to be used up, and a can of coconut milk in the fridge, and thought they would be great in a peaches and “cream” smoothie. I absolutely love the combination of fresh peaches and coconut milk with a hint of lemon. It’s not green but still delicious and great for summer.
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk, chilled
- 1 cup ice
- 2 large fresh peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
- fresh lemon zest or 1 drop edible lemon essential oil, to taste
- Add coconut milk, ice and peaches to Vitamix or blender. Using a microplane, add a few gratings of fresh lemon zest or 1 drop edible lemon essential oil, to taste.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.